Whipstaff is a PoC library for designing a common UI library leveraging WPF, ReactiveUI and DHGMS Data Manager. It is written in C#
Whipstaff is a proof of concept around designing a common way of loading and handling a UI application (much like Job Helper is designed around batch processes). The concept is aimed towards enterprise development and reducing the amount of code reproduced whilst ensuring a reasonable amount of power and functionality in terms of group policy, system integrity checks, operating system versioning, etc.
As a concept it is aimed at leveraging:
- WPF NotifyIcon
- DHGMS Data Manager
- Multiple Monitors
- Group Policy and \ or Customer Policy Provider
- Support for features in Windows 8 (Desktop mode only) with graceful degradation to features of older operating systems where necessary
- Application Restart and Recovery
- System Integrity Checks to aid in Information Security
- Accessibility taking into account:
- Colour Blindness
This project is in an early stage so the design and \ or underlying libraries implementations may be volatile at points.